Media Bulletin on Novel Corona Virus (Covid-19) Date: 04 /04/2020
1. In Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir till date 28545 no. of travellers and persons in contact with suspected / positive cases have been put under surveillance, 10606 in Home Quarantine (including facilities operated by Govt.), 86 in Hospital Isolation, 682 in Hospital Quarantine, 12795 in Home surveillance, 4376 completed their 28 days surveillance period. 1397 samples have been sent for testing, 1250 negative, 92 tested positive (86 Active Positive, 04 recovered, 02 Deaths), 55 reports are awaited. 17 new positive cases have been reported today in UT, 03 from Jammu Division and 14 from Kashmir Division. (04 April, 2020; 5:00 PM).
2. People are requested to stay indoors, strictly implement social distancing measures, disclose recent travel history to COVID-19 affected countries and report any contact with positive cases voluntarily.
3. People who are not suffering from medical conditions or having breathing difficulties may use the handmade reusable face cover, particularly when they step out of their house. These face covers could be made out of clean cloth available at home, which needs to be thoroughly cleaned and washed before a face cover is stitched/made. The face cover should be prepared in such a manner that it can cover the mouth and nose completely and can be tied over the face easily.
It is advised that two sets of such face covers be made so that one can be washed while the other is used. Hand washing would still remain essential criteria and hand should be washed before wearing the face cover. There must not be sharing of face covers and a face cover must be used by only one individual.
4. Aarogya Setu a mobile application has been developed by the Government of India that uses Bluetooth and GPS to inform you when you might possibly be at risk of exposure. The users of the app shall be informed regarding risks, best practices and relevant advisories pertaining to the containment of COVID-19. This app also helps people to assess themselves the risk for their catching the COVID-19 infection. The app is available for free on iOS and Android.
5. Religious leaders are further appealed not to allow & carry any social ceremony including solemnizing marriages at religious places that can defeat the purpose of social distancing and make people vulnerable for COVID-19.
6. General public is advised to avoid unnecessary visit to hospitals, in case anyone develops fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical advice promptly. People should call on Covid-19 helpline No.s so that they can be provided correct medical advice and directed to the right health facility, if needed.
7. In case of any emergency people can avail free ambulance services 24×7 at their door steps by calling on toll free No. 108. Pregnant women and sick infants can avail free ambulance services by dialling toll free No. 102.
8. Toll free national helpline number 1075. J&K Covid-19 Helpline No.s 0191- 2549676 (UT level Cell), 0191-2520982, 0191-2674444, 0191-2674115 (For Jammu Division), 0194-2440283 & 0194-2430581(For Kashmir Division) for support, guidance, and response to health related queries on Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19).
9. People must take basic precautions for personal hygiene; frequent hand washing with soap & water; and observing coughing & sneezing etiquettes.
10.Public is advised to strictly follow the advisories issued by the Govt. from time to time.
11.People are urged to rely only on the information released by the government in this regard through the daily media bulletin to print & electronic media. People are advised to refrain from spreading rumours and pay no heed to them at the same time.
Status of Surveillance of COVID-19 in J&K (UT) Cumulative till 04 April 2020 (upto 5:00 PM)